Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Tip - Kid Coasters

It seems to take me years of trying different ideas before I finally get one that really works!  There have always been too many dirty cups in the sink!  My children used to have individual water bottles but they just got too dusty from being dragged to baseball games, the park, etc. and they were difficult to keep clean. 

Kid coasters has proven to be more successful!  Whenever the kids want a drink, they can get their own cup (I keep them in a low cupboard).  Water goes on their coaster.  If they have milk or juice it is their responsibility to rinse their cup and place it on the coaster.  At the end of the day when I run the dishwasher I throw in the cups that are on the coasters.
Even Noah and Olivia (my daycare kids) have their own coasters!
It's been a system that's been working well for awhile for us...the only drawback is if one of the kids has a full cup of water on their coaster and it gets knocked over.  Now I probably just need to get one for Eric and see if I can rope him into the routine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment