Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's For Dinner? Charlie Gibson Enchilada Casserole

A LONG time ago during my maternity leave with Blake I had the opportunity to watch Good Morning America. The hosts were sharing some of their favorite dishes one week and Charlie Gibson shared his family's Enchilada Casserole. I figured if his family likes it then we probably will too! After all, who doesn't like a main dish that includes Doritos!? I'm sure it's not that healthy but it is yummy and my kids will eat it without too much fuss...unless they see a bean. I unsuccessfully attempted to take a picture of it. My camera needs to be updated a bit because it just looked like a casserole blob. Try it though...you'll like it!

1 can chili with beans
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 large 12-ounce package Doritos
10 oz. enchilada sauce (I use mild)
8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 T. onion, grated (I just shake in some minced onion)
1 1/4 cup sour cream


Take six cups of the Doritos and crumble with your hands into a large mixing bowl.  Add the onion, chili, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce and mix.  Pour into an 8 1/2 x 11 casserole dish.  Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.  Spread sour cream over the top, cover with some more crumbled Doritos and 1/2 c. cheese.  Bake 5 more minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment